‘Supergirl,’ ‘Buffy’ ‘Charmed’ Q&A’s, Cosplay, Creative Panels Head Programming At Wizard World Portland; Most Included With Any Admission
Q&A sessions with the stars of “Supergirl,” “Buffy the Vampire Slayer,” “Charmed,” Richard Rankin (“Outlander”), Ray Fisher (Justice League), Matt Ryan (“Constantine”), Caroline Rhea (“Sabrina the Teenage Witch”) and more, plus anime, video games, cosplayer and comics creator sessions, adult and kids costume contests and more highlight the programming offerings at Wizard World Portland, Friday through Sunday, February 22-24 at the Oregon Convention Center. Most programming is included as part of the standard event admission and is in addition to the live entertainment options (dancing, music, etc.) all weekend.
Some highlights of the more than 80 hours of panels scheduled to date include:
- Wizard World’s largest-ever interactive group Q&A with the cast of “Buffy the Vampire Slayer” (Alyson Hannigan, Alexis Denisof, James Marsters, Juliet Landau, Julie Benz, Amber Benson, Charisma Carpenter, Clare Kramer, Iyari Limon, Nicholas Brendon and Amy Acker; Saturday, 1:30 p.m.), plus group sessions with the casts of “Supergirl” (Melissa Benoist and Tyler Hoechlin; Saturday, 3:30 p.m.); and “Charmed” (Holly Marie Combs and Brian Krause; Sunday, 12:30 p.m.)
- Sessions with Rankin (Sunday 11:30 a.m.), Fisher (Sunday, 1:30 p.m.), Ryan (Saturday, noon), Rhea (Saturday 3 p.m.), Harry Hamlin (Clash of the Titans, “L.A. Law”; Friday, 6 p.m.) and Justin Briner (“My Hero Academia”; Saturday, 4 p.m.)
- Disney Trivia panel with Walt Before Mickey star Thomas Ian Nicholas (Rookie of the Year), moderated by Handbook for Mortals author Lani Sarem (Saturday, 2 p.m.)
- Creator sessions with industry superstars Joe Wos, Tom Cook, Rachel Lambden, Phil Ortiz and more
- The Cinema Snob Q&A with Brad Jones, creator of numerous YouTube series (Friday, 5:30 p.m.)
- Fan- and industry-based panels on subjects ranging from Disney Universe, Mount Rushhorror, Fantasy Improv, breaking into the business, the Marvel Cinematic Universe, zombies, diversity in sci-fi, armor, D&D, fandom & psychology, pulp fiction, Harry Potter and more
- Kids programming all three days, including story time, face painting, puppet shows, dance parties, magic, learn to draw, (and Kids 10 and under are free every day with paid adult)
- World-famous Wizard World Adult Costume Contest, Saturday at 7:30 p.m. and Kids Costume Contests on Saturday and Sunday at 2 p.m.
- Super Sonic Speed Dating (Friday 7:30 p.m.; Saturday noon (LGBTQIA+), 2 p.m., 4 p.m., 6 p.m.; Sunday 11 a.m. (LGBTQIA+), 1 p.m., 3 p.m., 90 minute sessions
- Geek Trivia with the Radioactive Geeks (Friday, 6:30 p.m.; Saturday, 5 p.m.),
- Sneak Peek at the Portland Horror Festival, featuring 45 minutes of the best cuts from the upcoming Festival (Friday, 7:30 p.m.)
- Cosplay with special guests OhMySophii, Alkali Layke, Sydabee Cosplay, Poolie’s Angels, Victoria Paege and more, throughout the weekend
- Drink & Draw hosted by Joe Wos, for pros and amateurs alike… weirdness, drinks, drawing, and prizes (at Spirit of 77, 500 NE MLK Jr. Blvd.; Friday, 9:30-11:30 p.m., FREE admission with Wizard World wristband)
- Cosplay and Industry Workshops (Social Media/Branding/Content Creation, Wiz-Art, Resin Casting, Intro to Sculpting), require additional ticket
Unless noted, programming events take place in the designated General Programming Rooms or show floor stages at the convention center. VIP tickets or additional costs may apply to ensure access to select activities, as noted.
A full list of Wizard World Portland programming is available at http://wizardworld.com/programming-entertainment/portland (subjects, guests, times and rooms subject to change).
Wizard World events bring together thousands of fans of all ages to celebrate the best in pop culture: movies, television, gaming, live entertainment, comics, sci-fi, graphic novels, toys, original art, collectibles, contests and more. The second event scheduled on the 2019 Wizard World calendar, Portland show hours are Friday, February 22, 4-9 p.m.; Saturday, February 23, 10 a.m.-7 p.m.; Sunday, February 24, 10 a.m.-4 p.m. Kids 10 and under are admitted free with paid adult.
Wizard World Portland is also the place for cosplay, with fans young and old showing off their best costumes throughout the event. Fans dressed as every imaginable character – and some never before dreamed – will roam the convention floor and participate in the famed Wizard World Costume Contest on Saturday evening.
For more on the 2019 Wizard World Portland, visit http://wizd.me/PortlandPR.