‘Smallville,’ ‘Princess Bride,’ ‘Arrowverse’ Q&A’s, Cosplay, Workshops, Creative Panels Head Programming At Wizard World Columbus; Most Included With Any Admission
Q&A sessions with the casts of “Smallville” (Tom Welling, Michael Rosenbaum and Laura Vandervoort), The Princess Bride (Cary Elwes and Chris Sarandon), the “Arrowverse” (David Ramsay, Jason David-James and Teddy Sears) plus Henry Winkler (“Happy Days,” “Barry”), Wallace Shawn, workshops, cosplayer and comics creator sessions, adult and kids costume contests, live podcasts and more highlight the programming offerings at Wizard World Columbus, October 18-20 at the Greater Convention Convention Center. Most programming is included as part of the standard event admission and is in addition to the live entertainment options (dancing, music, etc. hosted by Kato Kaelin) all weekend.
And for the first time, the world famous Wizard World Costume Contest (Saturday, 7 p.m.) will feature a $12,500 prize pool, including $10,000 for Best in Show.”
Some highlights of the more than 50 hours of panels scheduled to date include:
- Group panels with “Smallville” (Welling, Rosenbaum, Vandervoort, Saturday, 1:30 p.m.); The Princess Bride (Elwes, Sarandon, Saturday, 12:30 p.m.); “Arrowverse” (Ramsay, David-James, Sears, Saturday, 3:30 p.m.), The Nightmare Before Christmas (Sarandon and Ken Page, Saturday, 4:30 p.m.); “Bringing DC Comics To TV” with Vandervoort, Sears, Drew Powell and Sean Pertwee (Sunday, noon); and voice actors Page and Jason O’Mara (Sunday, 1 p.m.)
- Solo Q&A sessions with Winkler (Saturday, 2:30 p.m.) and Shawn (Saturday, 5 p.m.)
- Pro wrestlers Kevin Nash and Hall of Famer Honky Tonk Man dish on their favorite ring promotions (Saturday, 2 p.m.); superstars Devon Dudley and Lisa Marie Varon also get their licks in (Sunday, 11 a.m.)
- Disney Trivia panel with Thomas Ian Nicholas (Rookie of the Year, American Pie) and Samm Levine (“Freaks and Geeks”) (Saturday, 3 p.m.)
- Creator sessions with industry superstars Joe Wos, Mike Watson, Kurt Lehner, James Morris and more
- Interactive Workshops “Worbla/Thermoplastics” and “Cosplay Foam Building/Foamsmithing” with Cosawesome Studios and Wulfgar Weapons (additional ticket required)
- Fan- and industry-based panels on subjects ranging from Superman, representation in comics, women celebrating fandom, MCU, swords and spaceships, “bad” movies, prop building, Marvel and DC, superhero therapy, D&D Improv, horror characters, “Star Trek,” publishing, horror film characters, “Nerdprov,” vampires, genre films, TV show remakes, superheroes, monsters/kaiju and more
- “3 Geeks Podcast” and “Long Strange Trip” recording their podcasts live
- Kids programming all three days, including free sketches, jedi training, cartooning for kids and more
- World-famous Wizard World Adult Costume Contest, Saturday at 7:30 p.m. and Kids Costume Contests on Saturday and Sunday at 2 p.m.
- Cosplay with special guests Knightmage, Galaxy Amethyst, Ladydragon Creations and more, throughout the weekend
Unless noted, programming events take place in the designated General Programming Rooms or show floor stages at the convention center. VIP tickets or additional costs may apply to ensure access to select activities, as noted.
A full list of Wizard World Columbus programming is available at http://wizardworld.com/programming-entertainment/Columbus (subjects, guests, times and rooms subject to change).
Wizard World events bring together thousands of fans of all ages to celebrate the best in pop culture: movies, television, gaming, live entertainment, comics, sci-fi, graphic novels, toys, original art, collectibles, contests and more. The 11th event scheduled on the 2019 Wizard World calendar, Columbus show hours are Friday, October 18, 4-9 p.m.; Saturday, October 19, 10 a.m.-7 p.m.; Sunday, October 20, 10 a.m.-4 p.m. Kids 10 and under are admitted free with paid adult.
For more on the 2019 Wizard World Columbus, visit http://wizd.me/ColumbusPR.