‘Smallville,’ ‘Charmed,’ ‘DC TV’ Q&A’s, Cosplay, Creative Panels Head Programming At Wizard World Austin; Most Included With Any Admission
Q&A sessions with the casts of “Smallville” (Tom Welling, Michael Rosenbaum, John Glover, Kristin Kreuk, Erica Durance and Laura Vandervoort), “Charmed” (Holly Marie Combs, Brian Krause and Drew Fuller), plus DC Comics TV stars (Drew Powell and Teddy Sears), fantasy TV standouts Kelly Hu (“The Scorpion King”) and Jake Stormoen (“The Outpost”), solo panels with Cary Elwes (The Princess Bride) and Henry Winkler (“Happy Days”), cosplayer and comics creator sessions, adult and kids costume contests, live podcasts and more highlight the programming offerings at Wizard World Austin, Friday through Sunday at the Austin Convention Center. Most programming is included as part of the standard event admission and is in addition to the live entertainment options (dancing, music, etc. hosted by Kato Kaelin) all weekend.
Some highlights of the more than 100 hours of panels scheduled to date include:
- Two group panels with “Smallville” (Welling, Rosenbaum, Glover, Saturday, 1:30 p.m.; Kreuk, Vandervoort, Durance, Saturday, 2:30 p.m.); plus “Charmed” (Combs, Krause, Fuller, Saturday, 3:30 p.m), “Bringing DC Comics To TV” with Powell and Sears (Sunday, noon); fantasy heroes (Hu and Stormoen, Sunday, 1 p.m.)
- Q&A sessions with Elwes (Saturday, 12:30 p.m.); Winkler (Saturday, 1 p.m.), Claudia Wells (Back to the Future, Saturday, 11:30 a.m.); Sean Pertwee (“Gotham,” Saturday, 3 p.m.); and Barry Williams (“The Brady Bunch,” Saturday, 4 p.m.)
- Pro wrestling legends Devon Dudley and Lisa Marie Varon dish on their favorite ring promotions (Sunday, 11 a.m.)
- Creator sessions with industry superstars Joe Wos, Kevin Nowlan, Rick Leonardi, Ron Marz, Dr. Travis Langley, James Morris, Alex Langley, Mostafa Moussa, Jeremy Clark and more
- Fan- and industry-based panels on subjects ranging from hero training, audiodrama, publishing, Foam 101, LGBTQ and superheroes, Star Wars, best of the worst of cinema, social media and podcasting, Hollywood and science, D&D/tabletop role-playing, mental health issues and more
- Disney Trivia with Thomas Ian Nicholas and Samm Levine, hosted by Handbook for Mortals author Lani Sarem (Saturday, 2 p.m.)
- “Geek News Now” recording its popular podcast live
- Screening of the new CBS hit show “Evil” (Saturday, 5 p.m.) plus free CBS merchandise, trivia and more
- Kids programming all three days, including free sketches, face painting, hero training, Jedi training, mask making and more
- World-famous Wizard World Adult Costume Contest, Saturday at 7:30 p.m. and Kids Costume Contests on Saturday and Sunday at 2 p.m.
- Cosplay with special guests Artemis Wild Cosplay, ISU Superman, Austin Avengers and more, throughout the weekend
Unless noted, programming events take place in the designated General Programming Rooms or show floor stages at the convention center. VIP tickets or additional costs may apply to ensure access to select activities, as noted.
A full list of Wizard World Austin programming is available at http://wizardworld.com/programming-entertainment/Austin (subjects, guests, times and rooms subject to change).
Wizard World events bring together thousands of fans of all ages to celebrate the best in pop culture: movies, television, gaming, live entertainment, comics, sci-fi, graphic novels, toys, original art, collectibles, contests and more. The 13th event scheduled on the 2019 Wizard World calendar, Austin show hours are Friday, November 8, 4-9 p.m.; Saturday, November 9, 10 a.m.-7 p.m.; Sunday, November 10, 10 a.m.-4 p.m. Kids 10 and under are admitted free with paid adult.
Wizard World Austin is also the place for cosplay, with fans young and old showing off their best costumes throughout the event. Fans dressed as every imaginable character – and some never before dreamed – will roam the convention floor and participate in the famed Wizard World Costume Contest on Saturday evening.
For more on the 2019 Wizard World Austin, visit http://wizd.me/AustinPR.