‘Outlander,’ ‘Walking Dead,’ ‘Vampire Diaries’ Q&A’s, Cosplay, Creative Panels Head Programming At Wizard World New Orleans; Most Included With Any Admission
Q&A sessions with the stars of “Outlander,” “The Walking Dead,” “Luke Cage,” “Charmed,” “iZombie” and “Charmed,” Mads Mikkelsen (Doctor Strange), Sean Gunn (Guardians of the Galaxy), Matt Ryan (“Constantine”) and more, plus anime, video games, cosplayer and comics creator sessions, adult and kids costume contests and more highlight the programming offerings at Wizard World New Orleans, Friday through Sunday, at the New Orleans Ernest N. Morial Convention Center. Most programming is included as part of the standard event admission and is in addition to the live entertainment options (dancing, music, etc.) all weekend.
Some highlights of the more than 100 hours of panels scheduled to date include:
- Interactive group Q&As with the casts of “Outlander” (Sophie Skelton, Richard Rankin, Lotte Verbeek and author Diana Gabaldon; Saturday, noon); “The Walking Dead” (Michael Cudlitz, Tom Payne, Jenna Elfman, Austin Amelio, Mo Collins, Kirk Acevedo and Cailey Fleming; Friday, 7:30 p.m.); “iZombie” (Rose McIver, Malcolm Goodwin, Aly Michalka and Rahul Kohli; Saturday, 2 p.m.); “Mighty Morphin Power Rangers” (Jason Faunt and Erin Cahill; Friday, 6:30 p.m.); “Charmed” (Holly Marie Combs, Brian Krause and Drew Fuller; Sunday, 1 p.m.); “The Vampire Diaries” (Ian Somerhalder, Paul Wesley, Daniel Gillies, Zach Roerig and David Alpay; Saturday, 5 p.m.); and “Luke Cage” (Mike Colter and Simone Missick; Saturday, 3 p.m.)
- Sessions with Mikkelsen (Saturday, 5 p.m.), Gunn (Sunday, 2 p.m.); Ryan (Saturday, noon); Daniel Cudmore (The Twilight Saga; Saturday, 4 p.m.); Jason David Frank (“Mighty Morphin Power Rangers”; Saturday, 2 p.m.); and Gabaldon (Sunday, 11 a.m.)
- Disney Trivia panel with Walt Before Mickey star Thomas Ian Nicholas (Rookie of the Year), moderated by Handbook for Mortals author Lani Sarem (Saturday, 3 p.m.)
- Voice actor session featuring Patricia Summersett (“Legend of Zelda: The Breath of the Wild”) and Scott Innes (“Scooby Doo”) (Saturday, 4:30 p.m)
- Creator sessions with industry superstars Dr. Travis Langley, Josh Lyman, Arthur Suydam, Joe Wos, Mostafa Moussa, Tim Lattie, Nicky Wheeler-Nicholson, Jonny Harvey, “The Pumpkin Geek” Alex Wer, Shawn Coss and more
- Fan- and industry-based panels on subjects ranging from family convention attendance, YouTube, paranormal, magical girls, entrepreneurship, Star Trek, Disney, Black Panther, Terror Tales of Louisiana, fandom and community service, Cursed Hollywood and more
- Drawing Disney with licensed Disney Fine Artist Clinton Hobart, including an original painting, to be raffled off to Creative Stage session attendees at the end of the show (Friday, 7:15 p.m.; Saturday, 4 p.m.; Sunday, 2 p.m.); the more sessions a fan attends, the more chances to win it
- Kids programming all three days, including story time, face painting, puppet shows, dance parties, magic, learn to draw, (and Kids 10 and under are free every day with paid adult)
- World-famous Wizard World Adult Costume Contest, Saturday at 7:30 p.m. and Kids Costume Contests on Saturday and Sunday at 2 p.m.
- Super Sonic Speed Dating (Friday 7 p.m.; Saturday 12/2/4/6 p.m.; Sunday 11 a.m., 1/3 p.m.)
- Cosplay with special guests Knightmage, Thousand Faces, Remy Domino, Ineedsugar, Missy Mayhem, Christina Dark, Cosplayme, Aretmis Wild and more, throughout the weekend
- Drink & Draw hosted by Shawn Coss, for pros and amateurs alike… weirdness, drinks, drawing, and prizes (at Dat Dog, 601 Frenchmen St.; Friday, 9-11 p.m., FREE admission and $1 drinks with Wizard World wristband)
- Cards Against Humanity With David Alpay, an after-hours celebration with “The Vampire Diaries” star featuring fun with everyone’s favorite card game, prizes, pizza, and more (Friday 9 p.m., Saturday, 7 p.m.), require additional ticket
- Cosplay and Industry Workshops (Chainmaille, Intro to Sculpting, How to Bring a Character to Life, Acting the Biz, Wiz-Art, Resin Casting), require additional ticket
Unless noted, programming events take place in the designated General Programming Rooms or show floor stages at the convention center. VIP tickets or additional costs may apply to ensure access to select activities, as noted.
A full list of Wizard World New Orleans programming is available at http://wizardworld.com/programming-entertainment/neworleans (subjects, guests, times and rooms subject to change).
Wizard World events bring together thousands of fans of all ages to celebrate the best in pop culture: movies, television, gaming, live entertainment, comics, sci-fi, graphic novels, toys, original art, collectibles, contests and more. The first event scheduled on the 2019 Wizard World calendar, New Orleans show hours are Friday, January 4, 4-9 p.m.; Saturday, January 5, 10 a.m.-7 p.m.; Sunday, January 6, 10 a.m.-4 p.m. Kids 10 and under are admitted free with paid adult.
Wizard World New Orleans is also the place for cosplay, with fans young and old showing off their best costumes throughout the event. Fans dressed as every imaginable character – and some never before dreamed – will roam the convention floor and participate in the famed Wizard World Costume Contest on Saturday evening.
For more on the 2019 Wizard World New Orleans, visit http://wizd.me/NewOrleansPR.