Levi, ‘DC,’ ‘Charmed’ Q&A’s, Cosplay, Live Podcasts, Creative Panels Head Programming At Wizard World Pittsburgh; Most Included With Any Admission
Q&A sessions with stars of the DC Comics universe (Lesley-Ann Brandt, Drew Powell, Teddy Sears) and “Charmed” (Holly Marie Combs and Brian Krause) plus Jewel Staite (“Firefly”), Dichen Lachman (“Altered Carbon”) and Mark Jackson (“The Orville”) and workshops, cosplayer and comics creator sessions, adult and kids costume contests, live podcasts and more highlight the programming offerings at Wizard World Pittsburgh, Friday through Sunday at the David L. Lawrence Convention Center. Most programming is included as part of the standard event admission and is in addition to the live entertainment options (dancing, music, etc.) all weekend.
Some highlights of the more than 50 hours of panels scheduled to date include:
- Group sessions with the DC stars Brandt, Powell and Sears (Saturday, 2 p.m.), “Charmed” cast Combs and Krause (Saturday, 4 p.m.) and sci-fi standouts Lachman and Jackson (Saturday, 5 p.m.)
- Sessions with Levi (Sunday 11:30 a.m.), Staite (Saturday, 1p.m.) and Jason Faunt (“Power Rangers Time Force,” Friday, 6:30 p.m.)
- Pro wrestlers Tommy Dreamer and Shane Douglas dish on their favorite ring promotions (Friday 5:30 p.m.)
- Disney Trivia panel with Walt Before Mickey star Thomas Ian Nicholas (Rookie of the Year, American Pie) and “Freaks and Geeks” standout Samm Levine, moderated by Handbook for Mortals author Lani Sarem (Saturday, 3 p.m.)
- Creator sessions with industry superstars Mike Watson, Kurt Lehner, Shawn Coss, Don Simpson, Angela Oddling, Teresa Logan and more
- Live Recordings of Podcasts, including “Ghosts of the Stratosphere,” “3 Geeks” and “Comic Book Pitt”
- Interactive “Introduction to Worbla” Workshop hosted by Wizard World Cosplay Guest Princess Morgan, an immersive, two-hour session in which attendees will go through the steps to create Worbla armor, complete with the tools and materials needed (additional ticket required)
- Fan- and industry-based panels on subjects ranging from DC Movies, Marvel studios and movies, Annabelle, “Supernatural,” Fandom and depression, paranormal and ghost hunting adventures, Kpop, “Star Wars,” Pittsburgh fandom and charities, women in comics, Batman/1939 and more
- Kids programming all three days, including The Pirate Empire pirate ships, story time with mermaid Ariel, coloring book class with Princess Cinderella, potions class with Professor Snape, Captain Jack’s treasure hunt, free caricature drawings by Howard Bender (and Kids 10 and under are free every day with paid adult)
- World-famous Wizard World Adult Costume Contest, Saturday at 7:30 p.m. and Kids Costume Contests on Saturday and Sunday at 2 p.m.
- Cosplay with special guests Princess Morgan, Knightmage, Casey Nichole, Rachel Meikle and more, throughout the weekend
Unless noted, programming events take place in the designated General Programming Rooms or show floor stages at the convention center. VIP tickets or additional costs may apply to ensure access to select activities, as noted.
A full list of Wizard World Pittsburgh programming is available at http://wizardworld.com/programming-entertainment/pittsburgh (subjects, guests, times and rooms subject to change).
Wizard World events bring together thousands of fans of all ages to celebrate the best in pop culture: movies, television, gaming, live entertainment, comics, sci-fi, graphic novels, toys, original art, collectibles, contests and more. The seventh event scheduled on the 2019 Wizard World calendar, Pittsburgh show hours are Friday, July 26, 4-9 p.m.; Saturday, July 27, 10 a.m.-7 p.m.; Sunday, July 28, 10 a.m.-4 p.m. Kids 10 and under are admitted free with paid adult.
Wizard World Pittsburgh is also the place for cosplay, with fans young and old showing off their best costumes throughout the event. Fans dressed as every imaginable character – and some never before dreamed – will roam the convention floor and participate in the famed Wizard World Costume Contest on Saturday evening.
For more on the 2019 Wizard World Pittsburgh, visit http://wizd.me/PittsburghPR.