Travolta, Goldblum, Levi, Guttenberg Q&A’s, Cosplay, Live Podcasts, Creative Panels Head Programming At Wizard World Chicago; Most Included With Any Admission
Q&A sessions with John Travolta (Grease, "Welcome Back, Kotter"), Jeff Goldblum (Jurassic Park, Independence Day), Zachary Levi (Shazam, “Chuck”), Steve Guttenberg (Police Academy franchise, Cocoon), Cary Elwes (The Princess Bride, “Stranger Things”), Henry Winkler (“Happy Days,” “Barry”), Chris Sarandon (The Princess Bride, Nightmare Before Christmas), and “Charmed” (Holly Marie Combs, Brian Krause, Drew Fuller and Billy Zane) plus Kelly Hu (“Arrow,” “Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles”) and more, workshops, cosplayer and comics creator sessions, adult and kids costume contests, live podcasts and more highlight the programming offerings at Wizard World Chicago, Thursday through Sunday at the Donald E. Stephens Convention Center. Most programming is included as part of the standard event admission and is in addition to the live entertainment options (dancing, music, etc.) all weekend.
Some highlights of the more than 200 hours of panels scheduled to date include:
- Group sessions with “Buffy” stars Amy Acker and Emma Caulfield (Saturday, 11:30 a.m.); “Charmed” foursome of Combs, Krause, Fuller and Zane (Saturday, 12:30 p.m.); “Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles” voices Rob Paulsen, Barry Gordon, Cam Clarke and Townsend Coleman (Friday, 4:30 p.m.); “The Orville” cast Scott Grimes, Mark Jackson and Kelly Hu (Friday, 5 p.m.); “Heroes” foursome Greg Grunberg, Adrian Pasdar, Jack Coleman and David Anders (Saturday, 1:30 p.m.); The Nightmare Before Christmas stars Sarandon and Ken Page (Sunday, noon); “Arrowverse” trio of Hu, Matt Ryan and Teddy Sears (Sunday, 11 a.m.); Classic TV greats Winkler, George Wendt and Brad Savage (Saturday, 3:30 p.m.); “Batman vs. Superman” Kevin Conroy and Dean Cain (Saturday, 4 p.m.); and The Princess Bride reunion with Elwes & Sarandon (Saturday, 5 p.m.)
- CONversations with Travolta (Saturday, 2 p.m.), Levi (Friday, 2:30 p.m.), Goldblum (Saturday, 3 p.m.), Guttenberg (Friday, 2 p.m.), Winkler (Friday, 3 p.m.), Powell (Saturday, 5:30 p.m.), Dan Fogler (Fantastic Beasts, Saturday, 2:30 p.m.) Mark Sheppard (“Supernatural”; Saturday, 1 p.m.), Melissa Joan Hart (Sunday, 1 p.m.)
- Pro wrestlers Honky Tonk Man and Rob Van Dam (Friday, 4 p.m.) and “Women of Wrestling Torrie Wilson, Lillian Garcia, Lisa Marie Varon and Katie Forbes dish on their favorite ring promotions (Saturday, 1:30 p.m.)
- Disney Trivia panel with Walt Before Mickey star Thomas Ian Nicholas (Rookie of the Year, American Pie), moderated by Handbook for Mortals author Lani Sarem and Samm Levine (Friday, 6 p.m.)
- Creator sessions with industry superstars Mike Watson, Kurt Lehner, Joe Wos, Mostafa Moussa, Jeremy Clark, Stuart Sayger, Gavin Smith, Josh Lyman and more
- Blood Drive by Versiti Blood Center of Illinois, all weekend
- Podcasts hosted by Seth Everett (Hall of Justice, Sports with Friends) and Mo Lightning (WrestlingAudio.com, 97.7 QLZ host); 3 Geeks, Plus Ultra My Hero, Toys Were Us Podcast tapings and Paranormal Podcasting panel by Hysteria 51, Blurry Photos, Freak of the Week, Bob After Dark and Blastropodcast
- Interactive Workshops hosted by experts in Cosplay Foam Building/Foamsmithing; Intro to Sculpting; Intro to Resin Casting; Intro to Drawing; Cosplay Posing & Photoshoot; Cosplay Painting & Weathering; Worbla/Thermoplastics Cosplay (additional ticket required)
- Psychologist Travis Langley will be on hand doing deep dives into fan favorite topics including "Supervillain Psychology: Who Wants to Be the Bad Guy?" "Broken Superheroes: Inside the Minds of Spider-Man, Batman, Jessica Jones, Deadpool, The Umbrella Academy and More!" and several others
- Author Trevor Mueller will be doing three instructional panels - one on self-publishing, one on crafting fictional worlds and one on making webcomics; James Morris and Jared Bartemeyer will also conduct writing panels
- Trivia panels on Family Guy & The Simpsons, Marvel vs. DC, Princess Bride, Stranger Things, and horror movies, plus daily Singo with FreeN’ Fun Bar Bingo
- Fan- and industry-based panels on subjects ranging from Game of Thrones, geeks and depression, DC Movies, Black Panther, Dragonball Z, horror film characters, props, audio drama, the MCU phase 4, animation, Disney, Star Wars, Lord of the Rings, toy hunting, pop culture & comedy, dating, underground comics, tabletop games/D&D, brand building, webcomics, positive fandom, diversity in comics, streaming app and more
- The Enchanted World Of Rankin/Bass Productions With Official Historian/Biographer Rick Goldschmidt
- Kids programming all four days (and Kids 10 and under are free every day with paid adult)
- World-famous Wizard World Adult Costume Contest, Saturday at 7:30 p.m. and Kids Costume Contests on Saturday and Sunday at 2 p.m.
- Cosplay with special guests Hendo Art, Thousand Faces, Papa Bear, Galaxy Amethyst, LadyDragon Creations, Shield Labs, Wulfgar Weapons and CosAwesome Studios, throughout the weekend
Unless noted, programming events take place in the designated General Programming Rooms or show floor stages at the convention center. VIP tickets or additional costs may apply to ensure access to select activities, as noted.
A full list of Wizard World Chicago programming is available at http://wizardworld.com/programming-entertainment/chicago (subjects, guests, times and rooms subject to change).
Wizard World events bring together thousands of fans of all ages to celebrate the best in pop culture: movies, television, gaming, live entertainment, comics, sci-fi, graphic novels, toys, original art, collectibles, contests and more. The eighth event scheduled on the 2019 Wizard World calendar, Chicago show hours are Thursday, August 22, 4-9 p.m.; Friday, August 23, noon-7 p.m.; Saturday, August 24, 10 a.m.-7 p.m.; Sunday, August 25, 10 a.m.-4 p.m. Kids 10 and under are admitted free with paid adult.
Wizard World Chicago is also the place for cosplay, with fans young and old showing off their best costumes throughout the event. Fans dressed as every imaginable character – and some never before dreamed – will roam the convention floor and participate in the famed Wizard World Costume Contest on Saturday evening.
For more on the 2019 Wizard World Chicago, visit http://wizd.me/ChicagoPR.