Elwes, ‘Outlander,’ ‘Supergirl,’ Q&A’s, ‘Animation Celebration,’ Cosplay, Creative Panels Head Programming At Wizard World Cleveland; Most Included With Any Admission
(photo credit: Liam Joy)
Q&A sessions with the casts of “Outlander” (Caitriona Balfe, Colin McFarlane, Duncan Lacroix, Richard Rankin), “Supergirl” (Tyler Hoechlin, Jesse Rath, Mechad Brooks), “Teen Wolf” (Hoechlin, Dylan Sprayberry, Ian Bohen, Khylin Rambo) and “Overwatch” (Anjali Bhimani, Benz Antoine, Carolina Ravassa, Chloe Hollings) plus Cary Elwes (The Princess Bride, Robin Hood: Men in Tights), Wallace Shawn (The Princess Bride, Toy Story), Emily Swallow (“The Mandalorian”), Chandler Riggs (“The Walking Dead”), Phil LaMarr (“Mad TV,” “Futurama”) and more, plus an “Animation Celebration” featuring industry superstars Jim Steranko (“Nick Fury Agent of S.H.I.E.L.D.,” “Captain America”), Phil Ortiz (“The Simpsons,” “Pac-Man”), Tom Cook (“He-Man,” “Scooby Doo”), workshops, cosplayer sessions, meet-and-greets adult and kids costume contests, live podcasts and more highlight the programming offerings at the eighth annual Wizard World Cleveland, Friday through Sunday at the Huntington Convention Center of Cleveland. Most programming is included as part of the standard event admission (the “Outlander” panel a notable exception, requiring an additional ticket) and is in addition to the live entertainment options (dancing, music, trivia, etc. hosted by Kato Kaelin) all weekend.
Some highlights of the more than 150 hours of panels scheduled to date include:
- Intimate 90-minute Q&A with Balfe and the other stars of Outlander (McFarlane, Lacroix, Rankin; Saturday, 10:30 a.m., *requires additional ticket).
- Group panels with “Supergirl” (Hoechlin, Rath, Brooks, Saturday, 12:45 p.m.); “Teen Wolf” (Hoechlin, Sprayberry, Bohen, Rambo, Sunday, 11:30 a.m.), “Overwatch” (Bhimani, Antoine, Ravassa, Hollings, Saturday, 1:30 p.m.); and “My Hero Academia” stars Aaron Roberts and Kyle Philips (Saturday, noon)
- Solo Q&A sessions with Elwes (Saturday, 2:15 p.m.); LaMarr (Saturday, 3 p.m.); Shawn (Saturday, 4:30 p.m.); Swallow (Saturday, 5:15 p.m.), Riggs (Sunday, 1 p.m.); and professional wrestler D’Von Dudley (Saturday, 4:30 p.m.)
- Creator sessions with industry superstars Steranko, Ortiz, Cook, Marty Gitlin, Joe Wos, D. Whitaker, Jonathan Hallett, Bill Morrison, Tone Rodriguez, Jeff Pidgeon, Mike Watson, Greg Peters, Kurt Lehner, Dr. Travis Langley, James Morris and more
- Saturday Morning Cartoons & Cereal, a live watch party—complete with cereal!—with Cook, Ortiz, Pidgeon and Wos (Saturday, 10:15 a.m.) (*Additional ticket required)
- Screening of AMC’s “The Walking Dead: World Beyond” premiere episode (Saturday, 6:15 p.m.)
- Fan- and industry-based panels on subjects ranging from females in comics, Marvel’s Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D., tabletop RPG/D&D, diversity and inclusivity in comics, G.I. Joe trivia, Superman, science of Ghostbusters and Pokemon, film in Cleveland, the dating scene, furries, fight choreography, action comedy nerd show and more
- Special extra-ticket-required Meet-and-Greets with Lacroix (Saturday, 3:30 p.m.); Samm Levine (Saturday, 5 p.m.); Rankin (Sunday, 11 a.m); and McFarlane (Sunday, 1 p.m.) *Extra Ticket Required)
- Live podcast recordings of “True Story Bro - a R Rated Pop Culture Podcast” (18+, Friday, 8 p.m.); Rebel Force Podcast (Saturday 2:45 p.m.); and Comics, Generally (Saturday, 6:30 p.m.)
- Workshops on Cosplay foam building (Friday, 6 p.m.); Worbla/Thermoplastics (Saturday, 12:15 p.m.); How To Toon with Joe Wos (Sunday, noon); and cosplay painting and weathering (Sunday, 12:30 p.m) (*Extra Tickets Required)
- Kids programming all three days, including free sketches, face painting, hero training, Jedi training, mask making and more
- World-famous Wizard World Adult Costume Contest, Saturday at 7:30 p.m. and Kids Costume Contests on Saturday and Sunday at 2 p.m.
- Official Wizard World After Party (Saturday, 9 p.m., Dive Bar Cleveland (1214 W 6th St.)
- Cosplay with special guests Akela, SutefaniiRoozu, Paigesicle, Casey Nichole, Galaxy Amethyst, LadyDragon Creations, Knightmage and more, throughout the weekend
Unless noted, programming events take place in the designated General Programming Rooms or show floor stages at the convention center. VIP tickets or additional costs may apply to ensure access to select activities, as noted.
A full list of Wizard World Cleveland programming is available at http://wizardworld.com/programming-entertainment/Cleveland (subjects, guests, times and rooms subject to change).
Wizard World events bring together thousands of fans of all ages to celebrate the best in pop culture: movies, television, gaming, live entertainment, comics, sci-fi, graphic novels, toys, original art, collectibles, contests and more. The third event scheduled on the 2020 Wizard World calendar, Cleveland show hours are Friday, March 6, 4-9 p.m.; Saturday, March 7, 10 a.m.-7 p.m.; Sunday, March 8, 10 a.m.-4 p.m. Kids 10 and under are admitted free with paid adult.
Wizard World Cleveland is also the place for cosplay, with fans young and old showing off their best costumes throughout the event. Fans dressed as every imaginable character – and some never before dreamed – will roam the convention floor and participate in the famed Wizard World Costume Contest on Saturday evening.
For more on the 2020 Wizard World Cleveland, visit http://wizd.me/ClevelandPR.