‘Charmed’, ‘Flash Gordon’ Q&A’s, Cosplay, Workshops, Creative Panels Head Programming At Wizard World Sacramento; Most Included With Any Admission
Q&A sessions with the “Charmed” trio of Holly Marie Combs, Brian Krause and Drew Fuller, ‘80s stars William Katt (“The Greatest American Hero”), Lydia Cornell (“Too Close for Comfort”) and Claudia Wells (Back to the Future franchise), Sam J. Jones and Melody Anderson (“Flash Gordon”), Lori Petty (A League of Their Own), workshops, cosplayer and comics creator sessions, adult and kids costume contests, live podcasts and more highlight the programming offerings at Wizard World Sacramento, Friday through Sunday at Cal Expo. Most programming is included as part of the standard event admission and is in addition to the live entertainment options (dancing, music, etc.) all weekend.
Some highlights of the more than 50 hours of panels scheduled to date include:
- Group panels featuring “Flash Gordon” stars Jones and Anderson (Saturday, noon); “Charmed” stars Combs, Krause and Fuller (Saturday, 3 p.m.), ‘80’s stars Katt, Cornell and Wells (Saturday, 5:30 p.m.); supermodels Brande Roderick and Sandra Taylor (Sunday, 11 a.m.); Jason Faunt and Jake Stormoen (Saturday, 4 p.m)
- Solo Q&A sessions with Petty (Saturday, 1 p.m.) and Richard Grieco (“21 Jump Street,” Sunday, noon)
- Pro wrestling Hall of Famer Honky Tonk Man dishes on his favorite ring promotions
- Disney Trivia panel with Thomas Ian Nicholas (Rookie of the Year, American Pie) and Samm Levine (“Freaks and Geeks”) (Friday, 7:30 p.m.), hosted by Lani Sarem (author, Handbook for Mortals)
- Creator sessions with industry superstars Joe Wos, Dr. Travis Langley, Bill Coulombe, Anthony Helmer, Shelbi Webb, M. Todd Gallowglass, Howard Chaykin, Kip Rasmussen, Kevin Glover, Christine Killmer, Michael Serrano and more
- Fan- and industry-based panels on subjects ranging from foam fighting, “Nerdprov,” diversity in pop culture, “cause-play,” stop-motion filmmaking, Marvel fan challenge, literary theory, D&D improv, fandom and trauma, superheroes and more
- Kids programming all three days, including free sketches, balloon twisting, face painting, jedi training, learn to draw, cartooning for kids and more
- Musical performances by Thomas Ian Nicholas and Alex Wer plus entertainment stage karaoke
- World-famous Wizard World Adult Costume Contest, Saturday at 7:30 p.m. and Kids Costume Contests on Saturday and Sunday at 2 p.m.
- Cosplay with special guests SparkleStache, Camislyce and Captain Kaycee and more, throughout the weekend
Unless noted, programming events take place in the designated General Programming Rooms or show floor stages at the convention center. VIP tickets or additional costs may apply to ensure access to select activities, as noted.
A full list of Wizard World Sacramento programming is available at http://wizardworld.com/program... (subjects, guests, times and rooms subject to change).
Wizard World events bring together thousands of fans of all ages to celebrate the best in pop culture: movies, television, gaming, live entertainment, comics, sci-fi, graphic novels, toys, original art, collectibles, contests and more. The 10th event scheduled on the 2019 Wizard World calendar, Sacramento show hours are Friday, September 20, 4-9 p.m.; Saturday, September 21, 10 a.m.-7 p.m.; Sunday, September 22, 10 a.m.-4 p.m. Kids 10 and under are admitted free with paid adult.
Wizard World Sacramento is also the place for cosplay, with fans young and old showing off their best costumes throughout the event. Fans dressed as every imaginable character – and some never before dreamed – will roam the convention floor and participate in the famed Wizard World Costume Contest on Saturday evening.
For more on the 2019 Wizard World Sacramento, visit http://wizd.me/SacramentoPR.